Okay. It really did happen. I have pictures. Tim Keel at Missouri UMC Ministers' School. Here he is with two other guys some reading this might know...(okay, I am STILL trying to learn how to use the digital camera)....Bishop on the left, Kendall Waller at the top. Tim did so very well. Of course, I am biased all around. I also was able to sit between Tim and Robert Martin (read yesterday's blog) at the banquet tonight which was great...especially to catch up with Robert some. Tim quoted Phyllis Tickle today about how about every 500 years the Church holds a big rummage sale, goes down in the basement and decides what it really needs to get rid of to go forward. It's not been 500 years yet, but I think the denomination is trying to talk into having that rummage sale, and some people want to hang on to some of the old stuff just because it's old; others want to throw it away just because its old; some want to get rid of the stuff because its not useful; others want to hang on to things because they are simply intrinsically beautiful and that is enough of a reason. Hmmm....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Susan,
Good to see you friend. I think things went great today. Tomorrow may even be better.
Michael
I was in a meeting yesterday with my Bishop. He said our annual conference is going to take all our icons off the wall this year and examine them. Some will be dusted off and put back up. Some will need reframing. And some we will wrap up and store in the attic.
Susan,
I really liked hearing Tim yesterday. Thanks for all you do to help us continue to learn about the ways God is emerging among us. And the pictures are great!
Nancye
looks awesome. wish i could be there!
shalom, -gav
Post a Comment